Open Source Platform requires funds for documenting and improving, giving Premium modules to backers.
Tampico, México — June 14, 2017 | LAVA SoftWorks, a small family company dedicated to IT consulting, announced today that it started raising funds via a rewards crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter to finish development of the BardCanvas Content Management System that was previously released as Open Source. Luz Márquez, Finance Manager and head of the company, set out to raise MXN $30,000 (about USD $1,500 to $1,700) to help fulfill the needs of the project, which are:
• Finishing the modules that are still in development.
• Revisit other modules to make improvements.
• Make end user documentation of the engine and all modules, free and premium.
• Make developer documentation for the open source elements.
• Make extra modules for the BardCanvas website so they can sell modules and bundle packs.
• Adapt the BardCanvas website as a marketplace where any developer who wants to develop for BardCanvas can sell their modules/templates.
• Build more modules and templates.
• Replace obsolete hardware and pay subscription fees to app stores.
While the software is set as Open Source, LAVA SoftWorks made a set of modules that aren’t yet commercially available and provide advanced capabilities, extend usability and vastly improve the base software. Some of the modules are finished, others are in beta testing, and a few are in alpha development.
In exchange for pledging to the Kickstarter project, backers can gain access to a variety of rewards including:
• Tier 1 (about $1 USD): a mention on the BardCanvas website’s Backers Page and a “thank you” letter.
• Tier 2 (about $19 USD): a mention on the Backers Page and receive the Comments Logger and Security modules for BardCanvas in a downloadable bundle package.
• Tier 3 (about $59 USD): this pledge also gives the Comment likes, Polls and Post Ratings modules to backers.
• Tier 4 (about $89 USD): this pledge also gives the User Semaphores, Messaging and Posts Logger modules to backers.
• Tier 5 (about $89 USD): this pledge also gives the Hall of Fame, External User Tags and User Labels modules to backers.
• Tier 6 (about $199 USD): with this, the highest pledge, backers will also receive the Triklet system, a Help Desk solution commercially available on the lavasoftworks.com website and has a retail cost of $399.
On top of that list, websites of backers in tiers 5 and 6 will be featured on an upcoming Mobile Client that is being defined and is expected to become available by the end of September 2017.
The Kickstarter campaign is set to end by July 5th 2017 at 1:06 PM CDT. For more information, please visit the Kickstarter page here or contact the creator below.
About LAVA SoftWorks
“LAVA SoftWorks” is the name both Luz Elena and Alejandro picked to identify their works. Luz Elena is currently registered on the Mexican Tax System as an independent entrepreneur with local registry number MACL720915FN4 and is the financial manager and owner of the lavasoftworks.com domain (registered in 2009) and other online assets. Alejandro, his husband, is the founder and Lead Developer.
LAVA SoftWorks, the couple has other success stories in the IT world, including:
• They got the first Cryptocurrency Tipping Platform officially approved by Facebook causing a sensation in the niche during the first half of 2014. The project ended after a year of service, but the source code was released on GitHub and can be found at github.com.
• They are the makers of “icomancer”, a folder icons composer for MS Windows that is available for free at www.lavasoftworks.com.
For more information please contact:
Founder and Lead Developer