Falyon Wearable Tech launches Kickstarter campaign to fund the “Back to the Future” inspired SDJ-02 Self-Drying Jacket.
Falyon Wearable Tech proudly announces the next great innovation in wearables, The “Back to the Future”-inspired SDJ-02: Climate Controlled Self Drying Jacket. Unlike any other jackets on the market, the SDJ-02 is a unique in that it allows complete temperature control of the jacket, with heating and cooling modes, making it truly a jacket for all weather. Falyon Wearable Tech is launching a Kickstarter campaign, utilizing crowdsourcing to help bring SDJ-02 to the world, on Friday, May 5th, 2017.
Falyon Wearable Tech first dipped their toes in the wearables scene with 2015’s SDJ-01 selfdrying jacket. Building from that concept, the creators realized there was much more that could be done to improve the design and onboard tech, and that they could craft a jacket that was more adaptable and convenient for the modern world. Besides self-drying technology, people need a jacket that can adapt to weather, as well as a jacket that accommodates the modern mobile, constantly connected lifestyle.
Based on innovative engineering and design concepts, the SDJ-02: Climate Controlled SelfDrying Jacket successfully addresses these issues. Truly a jacket for all seasons, the SDJ-02 boasts a number of innovative features:
• Heating mode – The SDJ-02 features 3 built heating pads, making even the coldest, windiest days bearable and comfortable.
• Cooling mode – The SDJ-02 is unique among all jackets on the market for its air amplifiers, and features lighter, thinner air amplifiers than the SDJ-01. The air amplifiers alone provide some drying effect, but they are much more effective at cooling the jacket, drawing in high pressured cool air from the outside to circulate within the jacket lining.
• Drying mode – The SDJ-02 significantly improves on the SDJ-01’s drying mode. With the combined heat and circulating air from the air amplifiers, the SDJ-02 dries in no time.
• Mobile Charging – The 12v, 6000 mAh battery now does more than just power the jacket: It also features a USB port for charging your tablet, smartphones, and other mobile devices.
• Dedicated mobile tech pockets – The SDJ-02 includes pockets specifically designed for modern mobile tech: a 7”x3.5” pocket fits most smartphones and is ideally positioned for headphone use, while a 12”x9” pocket is perfect for tablets and phablets. There is also a dedicated stylus/pen pocket. All tech pockets are on the inside of the jacket, providing maximum safety and security for your most important devices.
• Water resistant design – The SDJ-02 utilizes a water repellent nylon outer layer with synthetic insulation. Synthetic insulation is designed to replicate the qualities of down, but retain them even when wet.
• Retro design – While the SDJ-02 features tech and design for the modern world, it also pays homage to its “Back to the Future”-inspired roots. This includes the “Special Edition” color scheme which draws heavily from the film’s inspiration, as well as retrostyle, light-up power buttons.
Falyon Wearable Tech’s Aaron Coleman said, “Kickstarter is a great platform for a project like this. The SDJ-02 represents the culmination of many ideas, one that toes the line between retro nostalgia and cutting edge modern tech. We had some success with the SDJ-01 on Kickstarter, and from listening to feedback, we feel like we’ve really created the jacket that everyone has always wanted.”
Visit Falyon Wearable Tech’s Kickstarter page to pre-order the SDJ-02, meet the creators, and learn more about the jacket whose design draws from both the past and the future.
About Falyon Wearable Tech
Falyon Wearable Tech is a wearables startup originally composed of husband and wife team of Aaron and Angela. As passionate designers with over a decade of experience in materials, tech, and innovation, they worked together in early 2015 with a vision to bring the “Back to the Future” self-drying jacket to life. Along the way, the company grew to include friends and other designers who worked together to finally realize the vision of the SDJ-01 self-drying jacket in late 2015, which was successfully funded on Kickstarter. From that experience, they became even more determined to create wearable technology which provides a touch of nostalgia while at the same time has all the cutting edge features needed for the modern world.