Clear View Cups created Sidesip with the primary goal of reducing distracted driving. The Sidesip Kickstarter Campaign launched on October 17, 2017 and the first week was a success. The first 200 early adopters receive a 33% discount.
Distracted driving is a growing global problem and coffee drinking in the car is a major factor. Over 3,000 people die in the U.S. every year in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers. Current travel drink containers make you tilt your head back forcing you to take your eyes off the road. Sidesip allows you to drink with a normal drinking motion but with straight-ahead visibility. The Sidesip Kickstarter campaign site can be found at bit.ly/sidesip or go to sidesip.com.
Jeremy Lopynski, founder, explains: Clear View Cups, LLC, a family-owned company and the makers of Sidesip, recognized the need for a new design for travel drink containers when a family member was in a major auto accident due to a distracted driver who had taken his eyes off the road while drinking coffee. The design change was logical; move the spout where the liquid is sipped to the side of the cup so that your nose does not force you to tilt your head back and the cup is not in the way.
Sidesip was also built with all of the other features of the highest quality drink containers to include:
• The 18/8 Stainless Steel Cup keeps hot drinks hot for 10 hours and cold for 20 hours.
• The cup is double-walled and vacuum sealed.
• The BPA-Free Tritan™ top is engineered to be better. The top is clear, durable, safe and stylish.
• The top re-directs the liquid to the side spout which allows maximum straight ahead vision.
• The cup fits under most single serve coffee makers and in most auto cup holders.
Sidesip is available in three colors as part of the initial Kickstarter launch: Leather Black, Powder White, and